Antea Group is an international engineering and environmental consulting firm specializing in full-service solutions in the fields of environment, infrastructure, urban planning and water. The work of our Belgian Business Unit Water is focused on coastal zone management, water management systems, flood forecasting, water policy, surface and groundwater modeling, urban water, dredging projects and sediment management.
Because of the expansion of our activities, we are offering a permanent contract in Belgium for an experienced “sediment and dredging” candidate who wants to apply his commercial and scientific skills to the engineering & consulting industry. This position provides the opportunity to explore interests, develop professional skills and solve complex problems. Working alongside other experts, you will have the opportunity to contribute ideas and build technical knowledge in both office and field work settings.
You will play a senior role in the development of our sediment and dredging activities as well as in the execution of such projects :
- Business development in Flanders and in the international scene related to dredging and sediment.
- Work on expression of interest and tenders in the field of dredging and sediment transport.
- Carry out studies to asses effects of dredging projects, studies on morphology and sediment balance; ….
- Develop, execute and analyze model scenarios to estimate sediment transport and morphological processes.
- Report technical activities and findings in technical notes and scientific publications.
- University degree; holder of a master's or PhD degree in an engineering discipline or applied sciences, with a focus on dredging or sediment transport.
- Your mother tongue is English or Dutch (or you are willing to learn Dutch) ; any other language such as French or Spanish is an added value.
- General knowledge of dredging, sediment and morphology, numerical modeling and hydraulics is a must.
- Specific experience of minimum 5 years both in international projects and in commercial activities; having an extensive network in this field is an added value.
- You have the ambition to quickly boost and share your expertise in this field in an international scene.
- You are technologically literate, an organizer and strive for quality and accuracy.
- You are eager to demonstrate your skills in a competitive environment and convince the client of the added value of Antea Group and guide customers to projects that are relevant in a constantly changing environment.
- Knowledge on offshore industry is a plus.
We offer an exciting technical and commercial function with extensive development opportunities and responsibilities within a growing company. A dynamic team awaits your input in the development of “sediment and dredging” projects in both domestic and foreign markets.
Send your letter of interest and CV to:
Buchtenstraat 9, B-9051 Ghent, Belgium
Tel. +32 (0)9 261 63 00